“Sometimes, it is best to ignore your own tiredness and take care of your friends when they need you.” ~Buddy Bertelsen

Saturday, February 12, 2011

I LOVE to Learn! But Really Now.....





I am a very intelligent dog.  My mom tells me all of the time. I take great pride in being an animal of understanding. 

Recently I have been studying the English language with all of it's alliterations and idioms and soliloquies and find it a generally easy language to learn relying on a lot of common sense.  I must admit, however, I am struggling with a more recent phrase that my mom has been trying to teach me and hope that SOMEONE...ANYONE... could help me in my continuing quest of education and domination of the English language.  

The phrase...... Thin Ice.  Example in a sentence form; 
Buddy, you are walking on thin ice!  

Now, I fully comprehend the idea of ice that is thin and ice that is thick but when my parents utilize this phrase it does not seem to fit the circumstance in which it is said.  Let me give you some pictorial examples and maybe this will help....

                                                                                                                    Thick Ice
                              Thin Ice>







Thick Ice

                                              Thin Ice>










Thick Ice


   


                               Thin Ice>








Naturally, you see my frustration with this one phrase.  Any help would be greatly appreciated:)

No comments:

Post a Comment